Studying and understanding music is an achievement, a privilege and a gift.
Maestro Stefano Zavattoni was born in Foligno, in Italy’s central-eastern region of Umbria, on December 19, 1970. He began studying music at the age of six at the private Episcopal academy of Assisi, under the guidance of the Maestro Alberto Ciammarughi. He then graduated in piano in 1993 at the F. Morlacchi Conservatory of the Italian province of Perugia under the guidance of the Maestro Anna Maria Pesce. His strong passion from a very young age for composition, orchestration and music arrangement generally began to prevail, despite however being a very versatile pianist.
• In 1995, Zavattoni obtained his first three year contract with among the top European editorial houses for musical bands (Edizioni Scomegna), composing original Band music, arrangements and transcriptions. He composed both light instrumental music and other for the TV and Radio (background, signature tunes etc.)
• In 1997, Zavattoni creates the All Times Orchestra (Big Band), comprising 18 members, in addition to 5 singers. His roles include being the pianist, musical arranger and director, inspired by the great American Orchestras from the 1930’s to date.
• In 1998, he is among the 10 winners of the prize of the city of Recanati for music composition with the song “l’Olivo e l’Olivastro” of the ZAMECA trio, for which he composes both the lyrics and music.
• In January 2000, he is pianist and arranger with his orchestra and Paolo Belli on the well-known live Saturday night TV show “Torno Sabato” on Italy’s Rai 1 channel, presented by Italian comedian Giorgio Panariello, directed by Duccio Forzano, written by Carlo Pistarino and Giampiero Solari, among others.
• He then participates in the famous Italian “San Remo Summer” music festival, edition 2000- 2001 directed by Sergio Bardotti and presented by Carlo Conti, and in the second record “Belli dentro” of singer Paolo Belli. The same year, he collaborates as pianist and arranger in the soundtrack of the last film “Al momento giusto” directed by G. Panariello.
• In June 2000, together with the All Times Orchestra, Zavattoni records DEUS EX MACHINA from “GOD” by Woody Allen, with original arrangements on original music by Stefano Reali, with theatre adaption by PINO QUARTULLO, who is also director and actor, with Sandra Collodel and choreography by Tony Ventura.
• In September 2001, he takes part in the long “Torno Sabato la lotteria” TV tour with Giorgio Panariello, a variety show linked to Italy’s national lottery live every Saturday night on Rai 1 from the various Italian sports halls, as music arranger and pianist.
• During the same period, he works on the arrangements of Paolo Belli’s third record “Belli e Pupe”.
• In 2002, Zavattoni wins the renowned national contest in honor of the Maestro P. Barzizza (among the only for arrangers of symphonic-rhythm orchestra), with a panel of judges chaired by internationally acclaimed Italian composer Ennio Morricone, Giancarlo Chiaramello (deputy chair) and Gianni Ferrio (honorary maestro).
• In 2002, he also founds a larger 50 member symphonic-rhythm orchestra, with whom he signs his first prime time TV contract with the Italian Rai 1 TV Network. In march 2003, the orchestra is called for the prime time TV live concert dedicated to world peace “Nel Nome del Cuore” (“In Name of the Heart”). Zavattoni takes on the roles of arranger and orchestra director, accompanying famous musicians such as: Al Bano, Amy Stewart, Rossana Casale (with among guests of the show Lucio Dalla, Andrea Boccelli and Katia Ricciarelli).
• In 2004, pianist and arranger for the “Ma il Cielo è Sempre Piu Blu” Rai 1 TV Show, directed by Giorgio Panariello and orchestra director Maestro Fio Zanotti. On December 15, 2004, he transcribes, adapts and directs “The Glenn Miller Story”, sponsored by the US Embassy of Rome. The concert is performed numerous times between 2004 and 2014 both in Assisi’s (main city of the central eastern region of Umbria) Lyrick Theatre and “Villa Taverna”, residence of the US Ambassador in Rome, on July 4th, marking the US independence day celebrations.
• In 2005, keyboardist and arranger of “Music for Asia” broadcast on Channel 5, with orchestra directed by Maestros Beppe Vessicchio, Fio Zanotti and Lucio Fabbri. In April 2005, Zavattoni writes and directs the “Harry James Tribute”, performed for Assisi’s Lyrick Theatre 2004-05 season.
• In 2006, he is pianist and arranger for the TV musical reality show “Music Farm”, conducted by the popular TV host Simona Ventura. (Italian network Rai2 channel). In 2006, he Orchestrates and Conducts the theme song for the movie “Uno Su Due”, with Fabio Volo, Ninetto Davoli, under the direction of Eugenio Cappuccio. The same year, he wins the “UMBRIAROMA 2006” award at the Vatican “Auditorium della Conciliazione” concert hall in Rome (6 December 2006).
• In 2013, he takes on the arrangements and orchestration of “Libertango” (A. Piazzolla) and “My way” (J. Revaux) for the Trumpet and Taiwan’s Taipei Symphony Orchestra.
• In 2013, he is called to orchestrate and arrange “Omaggio ai Grandi della Musica” (A Tribute to the Greats of Music) TV show, dedicated to Mia Martini, with orchestra director Renato Serio.
• Also in 2013, he arranges and directs orchestra for Italian singer Fiorella Mannoia, in her DVD tribute to Lucio Dalla “A Te”, performed live 23-28-29 December at the “Parco della Musica” concert hall and broadcast on the Italian Rai1 TV.
• In 2014, he is called as substitute Maestro and arranger of “Sogno e Son Desto” for Network Rai1, conducted by Massimo Ranieri.
• On December 15, 2014, marking the 70th anniversary of Glenn Miller’s death, the national press releases on news stands (Italian papers La Nazione, Il Resto del Carlino and Il Giorno) “The Glenn Miller Story” CD of the All Times Orchestra, directed by Maestro Zavattoni, sponsored by the US Embassy of Rome.
• In 2016, he directs his “All Times Orchestra” at the “2016 Umbria Jazz” International Festival.
• In 2016, he transcribes and arranges “Luigi Tenco Tribute” (Ariston Theater, October 22, 2016)
• In 2017, the Maestro is called as pianist and arranger for singer Annie Lennox for the Christmas Concert broadcast on Italian Canale 5 TV channel, recorded in the Sala Paolo VI concert hall in Rome, with Orchestra Director Renato Serio.
• In 2018 took care of orchestration, arrangements and Orchestral Direction, for the recording of the music score of the soundtrack of the film “I Moschettieri del Re” written by Dinner Gratis (Checco Zalone), starring PF. Favino, V. Mastrandrea, R. Papaleo, and S. Rubini, directed by G. Veronesi. At the end of the same year, we find him arranging and directing some pieces of music performed by many artists at Paolo VI Hall, Vatican, with Dee Dee Bridgewater, fabrizio Bosso and Raphael Gualazzi among them.
• In 2019 takes care of orchestration and arrangement of the Angelo Branduardi’s new album, called “Il Cammino dell’Anima”. At the same time, he writes the arrangements of the main part of the music of “Amici” transmitted on “Canale 5”, in Italy.
He arranges the music and conducts the orchestra in the soundtrack recording of the Checco Zalone’s film “Tolo Tolo”, out at January, 1st, 2020.
At the end of 2019, he is the piano player and Assistant Conductor in “Adrian”, by and with Adriano Celentano transmitted on Mediaset TV broadcasting network.
(participation as a pianist)
• 2008 (Sept-Oct-Nov) “VOLAMI NEL CUORE” conducted by PUPO on RAI 1.
• 2008 (September) “TUTTI A SCUOLA” live from Rome’s Quirinale, official residences of the President of the Italian Republic, on RAI 1.
• 2008 (December) ORNELLA VANONI (50 years music carrier) in “ANCORA PIU’ DI ME” live on RAI 1, conducted by Ornella Vanoni.
• 2008 (31 December) live on RAI 1 “L’ANNO CHE VERRA”, conducted by Carlo Conti.
• 2009 (April-May) “TI LASCIO UNA CANZONE 2” live on RAI 1 from the Ariston Theater of SANREMO, conducted by Antonella Clerici.
• 2009 (May) “COCCIANTE CANTA COCCIANTE” on RAI 2 from the Arena of Verona (Northern Italy) with the stable orchestra and chorus of the Arena.
• 2009 (September) “TUTTI A SCUOLA” live from Rome’s Quirinale on RAI 1.
• 2009 “GRAZIE A TUTTI” conducted by Gianni Morandi live on Rai 1 from the Teatro delle Vittorie.
• 2009 (31 December) RAI 1 “L’ANNO CHE VERRA” conducted by Fabrizio Frizi.
• 2010 “TI LASCIO UNA CANZONE 3” conducted by Antonella Clerici live on Rai 1 from the Rai Auditorium in Naples.
• 2010 “TI LASCIO UNA CANZONE 4” conducted by Antonella Clerici live on Rai 1 from the Rai Auditorium in Naples.
• 2010 (December) RAI 1 “Buon Natale con Frate Indovino” conducted by Massimo Giletti.
• 2010 (31 December) live on RAI 1 “L’ANNO CHE VERRA’” conducted by Max Giusti and Mara Venier.
• 2011 “TI LASCIO UNA CANZONE 5” conducted by Antonella Clerici live on Rai 1 from the Foritalico Auditorium in Rome.
• 2011 (December) RAI 1 “Buon Natale con Frate Indovino” conducted by Massimo Giletti.
• 2012 “FESTIVAL DI SANREMO” performance ADRIANO CELENTANO.
• 2012 (December) RAI 1 “Buon Natale con Frate Indovino” conducted by Massimo Giletti.
• 2013 “TI LASCIO UNA CANZONE 6” conducted by Antonella Clerici live on Rai 1 from studio 5 of DEAR –Roma.
• 2013 (September) “TUTTI A SCUOLA” live from Rome’s Quirinale on RAI 1.
• 2013 (8-9 October) “GIANNI MORANDI LIVE in ARENA” live on CANALE 5 from the Arena of Verona with the Conservatori national orchestra.
• 2014 “TI LASCIO UNA CANZONE 7” conducted by Antonella Clerici live on Rai 1 from the Foritalico Auditorium in Rome.
• 2015 “TI LASCIO UNA CANZONE 8” conducted by Antonella Clerici live on Rai 1 from the Foritalico Auditorium in Rome.
• 2015 “IL VOLO” live in Pompeii.
• 2016 (17 February) “20th year of Porta a Porta” live on Rai 1
• 2017 (February – March) “STANDING OVATION” conducted by Antonella Clerici live on Rai 1.
• 2017 (July) “Un Goal per l’Italia” conducted by Marco Liorni live on Rai 1 for the earthquake hit towns (Norcia) accompanying on the piano Serena Rossi and Chiara.
• 2017 (24 December) Pianist for Annie Lennox for the Christmas Concert broadcast on Canale 5 TV channel, recorded in the Sala Paolo VI concert hall in Rome, with Orchestra Director Renato Serio.
• 2018, December 24th, he is the arranger and Orchestra Director in the Christmas Concert transmitted on Canale 5 and performed at Paolo VI Hall, Vatican.
• 2019 (November-December) he is the piano player and Assistant Conductor in “Adrian”, by and with Adriano Celentano transmitted on Mediaset network’s Canale 5.